Advisory Board Member Profile 2018
Director Construction and Procurement
Areas of Expertise
Contract Negotiation & Management; Project Controls; Fossil, Hydro, Renewable & Nuclear Energy; Construction; Manufacturing; Business - Strategy, Start-ups & Budgeting, Entrepreneurship, Education
Mr. Besold is a Civil Engineering, graduate of the Pennsylvania State University with a Certificate from the Center for Creative Leadership in San Diego California.
Mr. Besold began his career as Project Cost and Schedule Engineer for Gilbert Associates in Reading Pennsylvania. He then moved on to Bechtel Corporation where he was assigned as the Project Management Specialist on the Caracas Metro and Guri Dam Projects in Venezuela.
In 1981 Mr. Besold joined Public Service Electric and Gas where over the next 22 years he held various positions including among others: Principal Engineer, Project Procurement Manager, and Manager Contracts. While at PSE&G Mr. Besold
- Served as Project Procurement Manager in the field for the $400 MM Bergen Repowering Project that came in $40 million under budget.
- Directed a team of professional negotiators to select and manage the supply chain for a multibillion-dollar construction program
- Developed a distributed power business including; business model, organization design, budgets, pricing, product selection, vendor alliances and marketing, for the sale and installation of utility provided onsite cogeneration systems.
- Organized and led a commodity management program that resulted in the consolidation of 14 major commodity groups to be served by 22 suppliers down from an original 106 suppliers.
- Developed an integrated plant information system for the Hope Creek nuclear station that was recognized by Electrical World Magazine as one of the first of its kind.
- Recognized in 2001 for outstanding achievement in the field by the Institute for Supply Management.
As Consulting Director for Tangarie Alternative Power LLC, Mr. Besold has worked with the principals to develop the Company’s turnkey business model, construct its supply chain, and develop its products and projects.